Commercial & Retail
Outsourcing a day porter for your business provides an immediate and ongoing response to emergency clean up situations; keeps bathrooms, common areas, and break rooms stocked, hygienic, and clean; ensures that the trash is emptied; provides consistent patrol of grounds and business needs, and reduces liability issues.
Our day porter has the following responsibilities in our standard packages:
- Inspect all public lavatories per shift for cleanliness and maintenance of an adequate supply of toiletries for the replenishment of soap, hand towels, toilet paper, sanitary products, toilet seat covers.
- Clean mirrors wipe down sinks and toilets and remove dirt, stains, trash. Floors around toilet fixtures and under urinals should be mopped a minimum of once per day. On scheduled session days, floors around toilets and under urinals must be mopped per scheduled shift using the disinfectant cleaner.
- Public areas continuously policed and picked up throughout the day for removal of all litter, damp mopping spillage, emptying of trash receptacles, and removal of spots.
- Building entrances are to be policed for removal of all litter, debris, and trash, including cigarette butts during the course of the workday. Maintain neat and tidy entrance areas.
- Pick up trash as required.
- Perform all assigned cleaning tasks assigned via the work order system.
- Clean interior and exterior surfaces of lobby windows, windowsills, and doors.
- Spot cleaning of public display cases and display items such as statues and plaques, and brass rails and vestibule areas.
- Check elevator cabs, vacuum out elevator cabs, clean off cab doors, outside call, and interior cab buttons and interior walls, and remove and/or clean up any debris or soil such as cigarette butts, chewing gum, coffee spills, graffiti, etc.
- Patrol the assigned exterior perimeter of the buildings to remove cigarette butts, papers, litter, and other debris. Sweep standing water and ensure that the area is in a neat and orderly condition. Additional clean up required beyond normal policing may be required from time to time.
- Removal of trash from trash cans/receptacles on the exterior property and replacement of trash can liners.
- Clean vertical and horizontal surfaces of building doorways.
- Complete assigned “work orders”, including, but not limited to: moving of office-related furniture, equipment, and supplies on an as-needed basis; requests for delivery of extra bottles of water for water coolers during the day; and cleaning the interiors of small office refrigerators and defrost periodically.
- Work orders will also include tasks related to function set-ups and takedowns.
- Complete daily checklist detailed for specific facility contracts.
- Lifting and moving light furniture to restore it to a normal position.